Whether you have been doing research for 5 years or only one semester, we would like to invite you to share your research with the Teratology Society. There are huge benefits of becoming a student member and presenting your research.
- Students and postdocs who have their abstract accepted for presentation are eligible for a 500$ travel award
- Your accepted abstract will be published in the Society’s journal, Birth Defects Research Part A. (Late breaking abstracts are not published)
- The top students and postdoc abstracts, submitted for oral presentation, will be eligible for the Wilson Presentation Awards.
- Presenting your work at the Annual Meeting looks great on your CV, gives you the occasion to meet experts in the field of teratology, provides networking opportunities for collaborations, future job possibilities, and meeting students and postdocs like you.
If you are a student studying in any of the areas listed below, then we strongly encourage you to share your research with the members of the Teratology Society, consisting of well-established scientists, researchers, students, and policy makers.
- Behavioral Teratology
- Clinical Teratology
- Developmental Pharmacology
- Functional/Postnatal Teratology
- Genetics and Cytogenetics
- Hazard/Risk Evaluation
- In Vitro Studies
- Mechanisms of Abnormal Development
- Molecular Biology
- Placental Function/Implantation
- Public Policy
Abstract submission is easy. Abstracts are submitted electronically; using a system that guides you from one easy step to the next. The first step to submit an abstract is to create your ID and password. Please note that the e-mail used during this process will be the e-mail address used for all correspondence regarding abstract submission and assignment. Once you have established your ID, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing the abstract instructions. The abstract instructions are also available on the Teratology Society Web site. Click here to download Abstract Instructions PDF. Submission is quick and easy. If you have any questions please contact Becca Isakower at email@example.com.
Notification of Programming for Submissions
If the abstract is accepted for presentation at the 2011 Annual Meeting, the submitting author will be notified by e-mail in April.