Developmental and Reproductive Toxicologist
The Department of Reproductive Toxicology within Safety Assessment in Södertälje is looking for a Senior Scientist for the role as Study Director of reproductive and developmental toxicology studies. The Arena AstraZeneca is one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We discover new medicines that improve the health and quality of life of patients around the world. At AstraZeneca we aim to stimulate continued creativity throughout our organisation by encouraging a culture in which our people feel valued and rewarded for their ideas and contribution to our success. We support our people in discovering their own potential, through learning and development opportunities. Safety Assessment in Södertälje is part of a global function that is responsible for the safety evaluation of drug candidates. The assessment is based on in vitro and animal studies that are performed in line with international regulatory guidelines. The Reproductive Toxicology department is responsible for evaluating possible effects on the whole reproductive cycle i.e. adult fertility and offspring development from early embryonic stages until sexual maturity.
We offer an interesting and challenging job with great responsibility in a developing science. You will lead and organise regulatory preclinical reproductive toxicology studies on drug candidates in an international research environment. In addition, the role includes providing expert reproductive toxicology support to drug projects from early Discovery throughout Development and Life Cycle Management. You will have the opportunity to gain unique expertise in developmental and reproductive toxicology.
• A PhD, or similar level of experience, in reproductive or developmental toxicology, developmental biology, reproductive physiology, toxicology, pharmacology or similar area
• Very good communication skills and a learner mindset
• Team player with ability to work cross-discipline
• Flexible mindset and problem solving skills
• Analytical thinking and delivery oriented personality
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Post-doctoral experience from academia, regulatory authority or drug development
• Experience of animal studies
• Experience of toxicological risk assessment
More information: For further information please contact Heike Hellmold, phone +46 (0)8 552 54232, or Anna-Carin Sköld +46 (0)8 552 55102. Please submit your application via the AstraZeneca website http://www.astrazeneca.com.
The application deadline is March 3, 2011.