Date: Apr 14, 2015
Location: West Jefferson, OH, US, 43162
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a DART Toxicologist/Study Director. This position located in West Jefferson, OH.
The DART Toxicologist/Study Director is a Principal Research Scientist, a designation for highly qualified individuals whose leadership in a technical area is recognized both within and outside Battelle. Qualified candidates will exhibit an extraordinary degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in the application and/or development of significantly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. The Principal Research Scientist frequently acts independently to expose and resolve problems associated with the development and implementation of programs. This position plans R&D programs and advocates technological application programs to achieve long-range objectives and serves as consultant to management in long-range planning pertaining to new or projected areas of technological advancements. An emphasis is placed on high quality technical and business/planning activities.
Principal responsibilities are to:
- Provide leadership in a well-defined technical or scientific area that is in the current or projected mainstream of activity.
- Identify technologies with sustainable market impact and advise Market Sector Leaders in setting the strategic direction for the commercialization of technology.
- Actively engage in outstanding technical activities in an area of specialization.
- Maintain a national and develop an international reputation.
- Contribute substantively to planning and executing marketing and project development activities in specialized area. Routinely conceive and develop new projects.
- Train, mentor and lead other staff.
- Provide competent technical advice to management.
- Assist line management in evaluating the technical performance of other staff.
- Work with management to develop facilities required to support a specialized technical area.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- At least 2 years’ related experience
- Pre and post natal developmental toxicity studies
- Neonatal and juvenile toxicity studies
- Embryo-fetal developmental toxicity studies in rodents and rabbits
- One generation and multigeneration reproductive toxicology studies
- Male and female fertility studies and early embryonic development studies
- Immunotoxicology studies in juvenile and adult animals
- Developmental neurotoxicity studies
- Neurobehavioral testing in juvenile and adult animals
- General Toxicology Studies ranging from acute studies to chronic carcinogenicity studies in rats and mice
- Experienced in managing complex multi-year programs; or experience in serving in a key role on multiyear program
- Ability and willingness to serve in cross functional roles as needed ensure business continuity
- Ability and willingness to market Battelle capabilities
- PhD, DABT preferred
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Job Segment: Neurology, Toxicology, Medical, Manager, Pediatric, Science, Healthcare, Management