Description: Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Drug Safety Evaluation (DSE) team is looking for a passionate Associate Research Scientist to join their Reproductive Toxicology team.
Responsibilities: Participate in the conduct of reproductive and developmental toxicology studies including study coordination, study oversight, conduct of cesarean-sections and fetal evaluations in an organized, complete, and timely manner and with compliance to all guidelines, regulations, and protocol.
Maintain and review study records, and deliver accurate and complete data tables within study metrics.
Work cooperatively with study personnel, contributing scientists, Study Director, and management.
Conduct/support investigative projects, including sample collection, preparation, analysis, and/or data summarization.
Represent department on interdisciplinary committees and workstreams.
• BS/BA in toxicology or related discipline with 0-3 years experience in the oversight and conduct of reproductive toxicology studies required for drug product registration; a strong candidate who is a recent college graduate with academic research experience is also encouraged to apply.
• Willingness to work with in vivo animal models, including rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, and zebrafish. Candidate having hands on familiarity with various laboratory animals regarding normal behavior, restraint, dosing techniques, collection of biological samples, and/or use of various types of laboratory equipment is preferred.
• Experience with stem cells, zebrafish embryo culture, and/or confocal microscopy a plus.
• Knowledge of the general principles of reproductive/developmental toxicology and/or animal and human biology and physiology, especially clinical and functional changes associated with toxicity.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively across multiple departments.
• Ability to learn or demonstrated experience with Standard Operating Procedures and Good Laboratory Practice Procedures.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Vet/Disability
Job Function: Toxicology
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-New Brunswick
Organization: R&D - Research
The Teratology Society offers a variety of resources for job seekers on the Career Center section of our public website. In addition, the Society hosts job postings here BDR Connection. Teratology Society members are notified of new job postings through their regular BDR Connection email notifications. If you are interested in posting an available position to the Job Bank, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.