General Summary: Committed to providing the highest quality of service to our clients, operating at the highest levels of integrity, and contributing to the betterment of mankind. Since 1941, the people of Southern Research have contributed to mankind's quality of life through advancements leading to life-saving drugs, safer space exploration, cleaner air and energy production, and enhanced national defense.
Working out of the Drug Development Division in Birmingham, Alabama, the Project Leader estimates, plans, schedules, monitors, evaluates, documents and directs projects to ensure successful project completion and/or implementation.
- Functions as the Study Director for Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology studies.
- Performsrole of Study Director on additional projects totaling (instead of averaging) $250K inrevenue.
- Responsible for additional revenue generation.
- Within defined policies and procedures, provides resolution to complex problems within a specified program.
- Perform role of Study Director for Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DART) studies and will:
- Design, analyze, Interpret and report DART studies.
- Interact with and advise clients, lead and / or contribute to applicable commercial andgovernment proposal submissions.
- Will serve as the single point of control on assigned studies, responsible for:
- The overall technical conduct of the study.
- Interpretation, analysis, documentation, and reporting of results.
- Issuance of study protocols and amendments, and ensuring that they are followed.
- Ensuring that all experimental data, including observations of unanticipated responses areaccurately recorded and verified.
- Ensuring that all unforeseen circumstances that may effect the quality and integrity of a study arenoted when they occur, and corrective action is taken and documented.
- Ensuring that test systems are as specified as in the protocol.
- Will utilize project management methodology to ensure that client projects are effectively managed.Ensures quality of product or service delivered; manages project budget and project risk factors.
- Maintains relationship with customer or client through delivery of contract terms.
- People reporting relationships may be a combination of direct and indirect. For those are directreports is responsible for implementing all HR related processes including performance management,salary administration, discipline, and hiring.
- Provides training and development opportunities for both indirect and direct reports as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- PhD degree in Toxicology or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a DART Study Director
- Experience in Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) (US FDA 21 CFR Part 58).
- Experience using Provantis software.
- Experience with statistical analysis of DART specific data.
- Eligibility for Diplomate, American Board of Toxicology (DABT).
- Proficientin project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop revenue streams on his/her own.
- Documented combination of education, experience and training to qualify for study directoryassignments within the specified program.
Applications must be made online at www.southernresearch.org
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled