The Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DART) Program Leader leads the technical concept planning and coordinates DART experimental design for a customer solution, applying new and/or advanced technologies as appropriate.
Plan and oversee staff, budget, and direct one or more programs to ensure delivery of contractual commitments to clients / customers on-time, within budget, and of high quality. Programs are complex and require scope will range from $1 million to $5 million.
The candidate will be recognized internally as integral to revenue generation.
- As a Study Director and/or Principal Investigator, this employee will be the single point of control on the assigned studies and is responsible for:
- The overall technical conduct of the DART study.
- Interpretation, analysis, documentation, and reporting of results from DART studies.
- Issuance of study protocols and amendments, and ensuring that they are followed.
- Following GLP practices to ensure that all experimental data, including observations of unanticipated responses are accurately recorded and verified.
- Ensuring that all unforeseen circumstances that may affect the quality and integrity of a study are noted when they occur, and corrective action is taken and documented.
- Maintaining relationships with customers or clients through delivery of contract terms.
- Using project management methodology, this employee will ensure that client projects are effectively managed. This includes the quality of product and/or services delivered as well as managing the project budget and project risk factors. This employee will have
- Conducts progress reviews with organization management and the client; providing contingency and problem resolution plans as required
- People reporting relationships may be a combination of direct and indirect reports. For direct reports, this employee will be responsible for implementing all HR related processes including performance management, salary administration, discipline, and hiring.
- Responsible for mentoring project team members. Provides training and development opportunities for both indirect and direct reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- PhD in Toxicology, Reproductive Toxicology or relevant discipline
- 10+ years prior experience managing projects.
- Proficient in project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct DART studies with minimal to no supervision
This is a full time position with Southern Research located in Birmingham, AL
Apply online at http://www.southernresearch.org/available-positions/