Through our collective voices, we can create a wave of support—or “thunderclap”—across social media to raise awareness about birth defects. Don’t worry if you have never heard of a Thunderclap. It is simply a tool that allows supporters to share a unified message at a specific time via their individual Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr account.
The #Prevent2Protect ThunderClap message will be disseminated at 12:00PM EST on January 18, 2017. Participation is easy! Follow the directions below to set up your account to post the message automatically on the designated date and time. If you’re on any, or all, of these social media platforms—Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr—sign up! Spread the word to your colleagues, partners, family and friends. Let’s see what our collective reach can be.
Any time before 12:00 PM EST on January 18, 2017:
- Click this link: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/50636-prevent-to-protect?locale=en
- Scroll down until you see the red bar and click on the box that is relevant to you: Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr.
- Here you have the opportunity to customize the message. We advise keeping the hashtag #Prevent2Protect and the link provided.
- Click on “Add My Support” in the red bar at the bottom of the screen.
- At this point, you may receive a prompt authorizing Thunderclap to use your account. This gives Thunderclap the ability to share one message on your account. After the one message is posted, no additional messages or posts on your account will occur. To participate, you should click “Authorize app.”
- Spread the word! Invite friends to join the Thunderclap by sharing a message of your participation on your Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr profiles.