The Teratology Society, Developmental Neurotoxicology Society (DNTS), and Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS) are sponsoring a t-shirt design contest to commemorate the Societies’ 2017 annual meetings. The t-shirt will have the three Societies' names on the front of the shirt, with a larger graphic design on the back. We are accepting submissions for this back graphic from members of all three Societies. Only one design submission per person will be allowed. These t-shirts will then be sold at the annual meeting as a fundraiser.
Design considerations and rules are as follows:
- The design will be on the back of a non-white t-shirt (most likely dark grey) and should fit into an approximately 8” × 10” space. Please note that the design must fit into this area but not necessarily cover the entire area.
- The graphic should be specific to the meeting and the general themes of the Societies, including the location and dates of the meeting.
- The design can include from 1 to 3 colors. Please keep in mind that the more colors used, the more expensive the shirts will be to print.
- Please submit all entries in .tif or .jpg formats to Dr. Gale Richardson (email@example.com) by May 8th.
- Designs will be judged on: relevance to the Societies’ missions; applicability to the 2017 meeting location; creativity; and feasibility of printing, so please keep these factors in mind when designing your graphic.
- The ad hoc t-shirt committee, composed of 2 members from each of the three Societies, will select a winner, who will receive a $50 Amazon gift card (generously donated by Dr. Devon Graham).
The t-shirt committee will coordinate the printing of the shirts and their delivery to the 2017 venue. The t-shirts will be sold as a fundraiser (price to be determined based on cost). Net revenue generated by t-shirt sales will be shared by the three Societies to help offset meeting costs. Once the winning design is chosen, a pre-order form will be available to all members. A small quantity of shirts will also be available for sale at the meeting.