ArunA Biomedical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development of human pluripotent stem cell-based technologies for use as regenerative therapeutics and research tools. Twelve years ago, ArunA commercialized the world's first derivative stem cell product derived for human pluripotent stem cells and since then has expanded its patented and proprietary technologies over a wide range of utilities including biologic therapies. ArunA manufactures human stem cells and biologics at a commercial level to precise specifications creating an easy-to-use, standardized off the shelf product for research and therapeutic applications.
Nestled just south of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Athens Georgia is where ArunA Biomedical calls home. Athens hosts an eclectic mix of Victorian charm, fine dining and fine arts, sports and recreation and one of the best music scenes in the US.
ArunA Biomedical currently offers a wide range of full time employee benefits that include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options
- Supplemental life and disability coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Generous Holiday calendar
- Employee retirement plan
- Employee training and professional development opportunities
If you are energetic, highly motivated and want to work in a fast paced, team-focused entrepreneurial environment, then ArunA Biomedical wants to hear from you. The company is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
As a Research Scientist you are a member of the Product Development Team. The position requires an individual who is focused on excellence, and is an experienced stem cell biologist or biomedical engineer with expertise in the culture and differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells (hESC and iPSC) to neural stem cells within a cGMP compliant program.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute experimental plans that adhere to corporate timelines and present findings to the team
- Establish protocols to optimize product manufacturing for pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Along with the project team, develop translatable protocols for cGMP-compliant manufacturing of human pluripotent stem cell derived neural stem cell products
Essential Job Requirements:
- Advanced degree in developmental biology, or similar field. PhD preferred but Master's Degree with experience in cGMP environment may be considered
- Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation, technical writing and lab notebook documentation
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in hESC and/or iPSC cell culture and differentiation to neural cells
- Experience working in a GLP or cGMP compliant facility is desirable
- Candidates must be able to independently design and execute experiments aligned with project goals and deliver results within specified time frames
- Candidates must be highly organized, possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate drive and initiative.
- Candidates must demonstrate their ability to work within a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Project planning skills are highly desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your professional CV as well as a cover letter via email to Sunaina Medappa.