Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Safety Assessment and Laboratory Animal Resources (SALAR) organization at West Point, PA, is currently seeking a highly motivated Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DART) Study Director. The primary role of this position will be to work closely with members of a collaborative team, who design and oversee the conduct of in vivo DART studies supporting drug discovery and development programs. The candidate will also actively engage in core activities within the SALAR organization.
Key responsibilities of this entry-level role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the single point of control on assigned DART studies. Interact with technical and scientific staff to ensure that the study is in compliance with the protocol, Standard Operating Procedures, regulations, safety guidelines, and company policies and procedures
- Critically interpret and report results for regulatory submission within established timelines. Integrate DART, toxicokinetic, and histopathologic data in performing risk assessments.
- Identify and resolve scientific issues
- Provide leadership for DART scientific projects and teams
- PhD degree in Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology or related discipline
- Postdoctoral experience
- Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (US FDA 21 CFR Part 58)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly using verbal and written formats
- Proficiency with software used for data analysis and reporting
- Enthusiasm for developing/continuing to develop as a Developmental and Reproductive Toxicologist and for gaining experience in the drug development process
- Limited experience as a Study Director
- Experience with fetal morphology assessments
- Experience with electronic data capture systems for DART studies
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Assoc. Prin. Scientist, Toxicology
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Toxicology, Medical, Law, Developer, Science, Healthcare, Legal, Technology, Research